Friday, October 4, 2013

Some plants and a lot of lightening...

So yesterday I took advantage of the lovely sunshine to meet Lorna for a crèpe and a chat in Jardin des plantes. The crèpe was lovely as was the company.

I then decided to make the most of the sunny weather and the flowers and went a little bit camera crazy. As I was wandering through the park I noticed there were Park Rangers or 'Park Police' as I like to refer to them, I think they must have attended the same general training school as lifeguards. They whistle in the faces of people sat on grass that isn't specified grass for sitting on. Which provided me with a lot of amusement, I had to resist positively encouraging people to sit on the grass just to watch them get whistled at.

I then had a pretty uneventful night shift, apart from learning that the word 'truc', which I'd heard everyone use in about every third sentence since I'd got here, actually means 'things/ thingymabob' makes sense huh?

There was quite a spectacular storm over Paris last night, I originally thought the flash on my phone was going off, turned out it was actually forks of lightening across the sky so I photographed them, naturally.

Today has been pretty uneventful and you will probably be pleased to know that the weather has been pretty miserable, but it's looking good for the following few days.

Probably one of my favourite photos I've taken.

Sorry more flowers.


Sorry not sorry


Just a bit of a storm




No comments:

Post a Comment