Saturday, October 19, 2013

Did you know Kirsty is in Paris?

Okay so any mutual Facebook friends of mine and Kirsty's will be pleased that this weekend has finally come so that the incessant wall posts and countdowns will finally be over. But I'm here to tell you that much to your delight we've done a joint blog, you lucky buggers.

So Kirsty arrived into Paris at 3pm yesterday, unfortunately I was working so couldn't meet her at the airport with a banner and an embrace like a scene from *insert movie with airport scene here*. However, she managed to make it safely, despite losing the RER whilst on it and me waiting lovingly at the metro station only for her to exit via the furthest possible exit to the one I was waiting at. But alas, were you expecting this trip to run smoothly?


So after a lengthy catch up, some food and a bottle of wine, we headed out to see the Eiffel Tower (the only actual reason Kirsty came to Paris, we're not even friends really).

After a pretty uneventful metro experience, the people of Alma-Marceau were met by a very excited Kirsty, making sounds which resembled those made by crowds of people watching fireworks. We then walked along the Seine (it wasn't raining and we didn't laugh apologies*) before attempting to buy a crèpe only to be offered a waffle instead as they'd run out of crèpes, I think the expression on my face was enough to tell the woman that I was not prepared to accept her waffle substitute and found an alternate place to fulfill my crèpe based needs. We ate them by the sparkling tower, it was magical. 

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6YqC3D0GMo 


So today began with a trip on the double decker RER, because one cannot simply come to Paris and not experience the joys of a double decker train. Because I'm such a good friend I put myself through the grueling torture of climbing the 285 steps to the top of the Arc de Triomphe again and I have to admit that the view still doesn't disappoint  I attempted to be a top tour guide but quietly after having been mistaken for working at the Arc de Triomphe on my last visit, I wasn't prepared for this to reoccur. 


After a meander down the Champs-Élysées and through the Jardin de Tuilieries we glanced at the queue for the Louvre, laughed, then continued our journey onto Pont des artes and Pont Neuf. We followed this with a trip to FranPrix where I heard possibly the most brilliant description of the Yorkshire accent I've ever encountered 'You sound like a seal taking a crap'. I discounted this comment as it was made by an American who was clearly jealous of our dulcet tones.


Kirsty then ditched me for the entire evening and went and had a fun evening of fun up Tour Montparnasse, whilst I slaved away at work. Her and Olivia unintentionally went wearing the same outfit and became the best of friends. How lovely. I'm not bitter.


So all in all a fun filled fun packed day of fun was had by all, at least I know if my career as a stand up comedian fails**, I've always got being a tour guide to fall back on.


**NB: sarcasm






No comments:

Post a Comment