Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Please mind the gap between the train and the platform...

So part of your year abroad is about meeting random people from all over and having lunch with them, it's not in the assessment criteria but it should be. Yesterday I think I managed that pretty well. I had lunch with Olivia, her South African friend Marlene and a French lady named Marie who Marlene had met 6 years ago on a trip to Paris. In short, everyone knew someone round the table, but not everyone knew everyone else and it was fantastic. I had a burger again, sorry for letting the French food team down.

Then we strolled around Montmartre, I like to think a bit like Amélie but I probably looked a lot less endearing and slightly more English. Also I am aware she's fictional but I'm sure somewhere there must be a deleted scene in which she gorges on a crepe on the steps of the Sacre-Coeur. 


I've been here just over a month now and I just love spending time on the metro. I'm so nosy and love to people watch. I also love the metro announcements, I observed on line 4 today, that the name of the station is announced twice, once coming up to the station and then again on arrival. I then noted that it wasn't the same recording, the second time is slightly more sarcastic, like 'I've said it once, here it is again for those of you who didn't listen'. It's now very hard not to notice and smile a bit at every station. I should get out more I know. 


Today I did everyday unexciting things like buying stamps and washing clothes, anyone would think I actually lived here. Then to finish the day we went to Tour Montparnasse again. It's still my favourite place in the world and that view will never not be amazing. 


Tomorrow I plan to be productive, let's see how that goes! 


Note: I've just passed 2000 views of my blog. Thanks. I'm amazed that people spend time reading it and hope you enjoy my ramblings!

Jumper friends.

Standard pose, we're in Montmartre, not that you can tell.

Anyone want a game of count the chins?

Crepe with a view.

This random band of Spanish men dressed like French men, hugging strangers.

The sky looked pretty out of my bedroom this evening.

I just love it. 

This was accidental but I like it.

I like the sky.

Yep this happened.

'Becky, try and open your eyes a bit more' thanks mate.


Yup this happened too, yup we got as judged as humanely possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment