Monday, October 21, 2013

Jardins and Parcs*...

So I decided that no ones stay in Paris is complete without a trip to a Jardin and a Mcdonalds, both I realise are not specific Parisian based activities but combined create a wonderful experience. 

So we wandered round the very Autumnal (apparently 'Autumny' isn't the corrective adjective) and had a Mcdonalds over looking the boating lake, next to some people having the most upper class picnic ever, surrounded by people jogging, I like to think they were all secretly jealous. Then I had to head to work and say a long and emotional goodbye to the lovely Thorpe who I'd really enjoyed the company of for the weekend but as she once quoted 'We don't really say goodbye as we never know when we'll meet again'**

Today myself and Olivia woke up and quite spontaneously decided to go to Disneyland for tea, we jested about this happening in the past but never thought we would actually become those people, but we are, and we have no shame. But, it's the holidays in France, and this only increased the number of 'Disney ear wearing adults' to an unacceptable level. So we had a cheeky trip on Space Mountain before going to watch a show (half in French, rest assured part of me is embracing the culture). We then went to the well known Parisian restaurant Planet Hollywood***, and on Robert our waiters recommendation I had a chicken pasta thing which was lush. 

I've noticed in the past week how British I am in some aspects, one of them being the fact that customers find it perfectly acceptable and normal to read my name badge and refer to me directly as 'Becky', before speaking to me, I still find this terribly odd. I was reminded of this when a French guy hollered our waiter Robert today by calling his name across the restaurant, taking 'give me a call if you need anything' VERY literally. 

This is not the only name based anecdote I have for today's blog you'll be pleased to know. So it appears my name is becoming somewhat more of a problem, than I anticipated I have had emails at work addressed to 'Peggy' and been called 'Betty' more than once, sigh, thanks Mum and Dad. 

*Parc Disneyland classes as a Parc

**Thorpe, K. (2010) Centenary Camp Interview, [GirlguidingUK]

***Note: Yet more sarcasm, I love a good American restaurant

Anyone fancy a game of count the chins/ find the eyes?
Boats

Mcdonald's and one of my favourite people

Autumnal Park

Friends who Disneyland together, stay together.

Le restaurant francais

Cider in one hand, ketchup in the other, you can take the girl out of East London...

Sorry for how awkward this photo is...








2 comments: