Sunday, October 27, 2013

I will never understand art.

So I was led to believe that visiting an art gallery on your own would be an invigorating experience and I would learn things about myself whilst relishing in the intricate details of modern art. So today I visited the Centre George Pompidou, and my experience was quite far from the idealistic experience I had in mind. 

I think there are 2 types of people when it comes to art galleries, those who go in and look at each individual canvas and sculpture, spend a good 5 minutes tilting their heads at different angles to get the best perspective, wonder what the artist was trying to portray and make approving noises. Then there's those that walk up to the sculpture or canvas, decide they will never understand it, avoid all art involving nakedness, all the while wishing art galleries had music as they find it awkwardly silent and find it hard to not inappropriately laugh. You may have guessed that I fall into the second category of people, and experienced all of the above this afternoon.

I guess the thing is I don't really understand art. But I did enjoy the experience I could appreciate the amazing building in all it's escalator glory, I did enjoy some of the exhibitions, mainly the colourful ones. And the view from the top of the Centre is pretty impressive, I do love a good view!

I took some photos...
This piece was paticularly popular, left me wondering why there's not bigger crowds of people round the Dulux colour charts in B and Q.

The urge to sit on this was almost unbearable...

This is art.

You know when you made cress-heads at school with some tights and soil...This is like 'extreme upside down cress heads minus the cress'. That wasn't the name, probably too long.

I looked at this from every angle, still no idea.

I liked this one, it lit up.

Me inside some art.

My absolute favourite one of the day. It's like someone thought 'I'll make art today' looked at the blank canvas and decided it was perfect.


And that I think is why I don't go to Art galleries more regularly...

The centre itself is pretty impressive.

Bikes.



The view from the top.

Again

Some more bikes.








No comments:

Post a Comment