Saturday, October 5, 2013

McJardin de Luxembourg

Since I have arrived I have wanted to visit Jardin de Luxembourg and today I finally made it. It's like nostalgia in a Park, from the little boating lake to the donkey rides and sandpit. 

I realise I come across as a bit of a fan of the gardens and truth be told I guess I am, maybe it's my country roots missing the grass and cows and things. But it's nice to sit and pretend to be a Parisian.

In our quest to become true Parisians we were going to eat at one of the Jardin's little cafés, this plan was aborted rapidly when a quick glance at the menu showed that a quiche was 13 euros. Even for the worlds greatest quiche, that's a little bit too much. So Mcdonalds it was.

Now I know I'm supposed to be embracing the French lifestyle and speaking as much French as humanly possible but I was already in Mcdonalds so why not just use the fast track machines on the English setting and avoid all conversational contact. However, after going through the whole process and experiencing the worst translated English ever I was left wishing I'd gone to the counter...Karma.

We decided to take our Mcdonalds back to the Jardin and sit looking across the lake whilst devouring it. I've coined the new dining experience 'Maccies with a view' and this lead to us challenging ourselves to try and eat a Mcdonalds in the classiest places possible in Paris. It's a tough challenge but one I'm willing to take on. 

Myself and Olivia find ourselves often asked where we come from in England. Olivia being Olivia has to immediately point out to the stranger that we do not come from the same place and I am from (read in disgusted voice) 'le nord' and I speak with an accent 'dégoûtant'. It appears in Paris I still haven't escaped this victimisation.

Tonight is 'La nuit blanche' which is the first Saturday in October when everything stays open till the early hours of the morning and there's free concerts and events everywhere. So after work, let the fun begin!  


I found this hilariously punny.

Boating/ducking lake

More flowers, I'm sorry.


FORBIDDEN GRASS




HPB People, much better than Burnby gardens

McDo

Maccies with a view

No comments:

Post a Comment