Sunday, September 29, 2013

Burgers, berets* and a boat...

Once again I have decided to combine two days into one for ease of blogging/ your enjoyment.

So yesterday I decided to embark upon my first Parisian dining out experience, We went to an American bar and spoke English, fail on the language student part but I like burgers and what. 
We then explored the area around Hotel de Ville, when I say 'explored' I generally mean went shopping and took photos. The buildings around this area are rather impressive although I have no idea what they are, but they are definitely photo-worthy! 

I then decided in my infinate wisdom it would be a good idea to pay a visit to the Hypermarché before work, because I've replaced my usual student alcohol addiction with haribo, princes biscuits and diet coke and I needed my daily fix. However, I forgot it was Saturday afternoon and I think I aged about a year queueing.

Then a fairly quiet evening at work being mistaken as French and being told I had a too posh accent to be from Yorkshire. HA! First time for everything I suppose.

Today myself and Lorna decided to embrace the tourist boat cruise culture and I'm not ashamed to say I enjoyed it. The woman who voices the GCSE listening exams was on top form informing us of historical and interesting facts in 3 languages throughout our trip. I plan to drop some of these facts into everyday conversation in the hope that I come across as a well informed woman of Paris.

Discovering my camera has a 'food mode' meant I had to buy a crèpe just to test it out; crèpe based excuse number 2.

So on the way back to work I was casually going about my usual metro routine when changing trains I was stopped by someone checking tickets, now, to a sensible person this wouldn't be an issue they would simply present the ticket they used to travel and be on their merry way. I, however, am an idiot. I put all my used tickets in the same pocket of my purse. So after presenting all the tickets I've used in the past week to the woman and her checking each one individually, I was on my way, narrowly escaping a 30 euro fine. 
Ah Paris.

*with reference to the title of this blog; no berets were directly involved in the past 2 days activities but things sound better in 3s, poetic liscence and the like, sorry to dissapoint all you beret enthusiasts out there

Bet he's a bit narked that everyone just thinks he's a fictional character

How Parisian

Pretty batiments


Pretty tough to take photos off a boat


Notre Dame

Pont des arts and the building where they decide what words go in the Dictionary

Vive la France

The aforementioned crèpe

Lorna's crèpe carnage

Avoiding buying a 10 euro by taking a squinty photo myself 







No comments:

Post a Comment