Monday, September 16, 2013

Keep calm and watch the tower sparkle!

I know half of you are probably expecting this blog entry to contain elaborate details of an accident or a trip to hospital, but no, I survived my first day in Paris relatively issue free!

After the most needed sleep of my life (following a bit of a 'forgot the time change' issue with my laptop) I woke this morning and decided I was going to go tower crazy today! 
'Metro experience which I didn't know happened' number 1; people get on the metro and busk, it's like live radio and for a moment you feel like you're in a film. Just me? okay. 

So I got off the metro and it started raining. I wasn't dressed for the rain but as a resident of Yorkshire I'm more or less evolved to deal with it. Among the sites I saw were a vertical garden (yes, vertical) and a really cute photo exhibition which proved extremely popular due to the fact part of it had a roof. I took the opportunity to be a really geeky language student and test my french when the descriptions were written in both languages. I enjoyed this and have no shame about it. I probably took a photo of the tower from every single angle possible, yes including from underneath. I even got an Australian woman to take a photo of me and the tower, she obliged and then asked if I was Irish...

This evening I met up with a friend of a friend (big shout out Lorna and to Kosi for hooking us up) and went to see the tower again as I just can't get enough of it! And it looks amazing in the dark, and IT SPARKLES.  

So yesterday when I arrived I had no curtains. I then realized I didn't know the french word for curtains. In short, no one knows why I have no curtains, but I have improvised with a bed sheet.  

Who knows what tomorrow will bring? But no doubt probably more photos and perhaps another blog!
My 'curtain'- 13 years as part of GirlguidingUK taught me to improvise.

Tower

More tower (that boy got right in the way)

Bit of a hipster tower shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment