Friday, September 27, 2013

A post full of blog worthy activities...

So I haven't written for a few days as I haven't done many 'blog-worthy' activities, so I've culminated 3 days of activities into one bumper edition blog. Work has been really busy these past few days also so I've actually had to do work at work, shocking I know. 

So, Tuesday was my second day off, and it was so sunny! We decided to make the most of the sun which we didn't suspect would last (it's still sunny today) and go to a park quite near to the hostel and catch some rays, so to speak. The view over Paris from the top of the park is pretty stunning and the perfect spot to listen to music and read a book for a few hours. 
Then I decided to do something marginally related to my degree and go to 'Franglish' in the evening. It's essentially the same concept as speed dating, but less awkward and more language based (I'm really selling this right?) You speak in 7 minutes in English and 7 minutes in French and then move on. It's quite nice to be told by someone French that you speak quite good French, it may have been a sympathy comment but I like to think it wasn't and he was genuinely impressed at my linguistic skills...

I'd like to say my Wednesday was full of fun touristy ventures, but that would be a lie. I slept, all day until work. 

On Thursday I made an exciting trip to the post office before heading to Opéra to have a wander and take a few photos. Opéra is riskily close to the Champs-Élysées and I thought to myself 'I'll just have a wander down and catch the metro back, no need to go in H & M' yeah, I know, good one Becky. That street is dangerous for my bank account! Champs-èlysèes-1 Becky- 0.

It has been pretty manic at work these past few nights which was a bit of a welcomed break from the usual monotonous questions of a night shift, but still I'm glad it's a little quieter today. 

I have now developed a very strange English accent, it's tremendously European and not at all my usual Yorkshire twang. I hope that usual service will resume as soon as I find myself back upon Yorkshire turf.

View over Paris from the Park

Little square near the hostel

FONTAINE





No comments:

Post a Comment