Saturday, September 21, 2013

Paris in a day...

Well my second and third nights at work were certainly less eventful than the first, except for the mouse that made it's way into reception last night, but what's a night shift without a bit of excitement in the form of a 4 legged friend.

Other than a trip to the Champs-élysées to buy yet another jumper (only for it to be continously sunny for the forseeable future) I didn't do much yesterday. Today however, I had my first attempt at being a tour guide for one of my visiting year abroad friends and it was quite some tour, if I do say so myself. For starters the weather was glorious which made it even harder to not take hundreds more photos of the tower! With it being the weekend there were tourists everywhere, I decided I can judge how much I've settled in by how angry I get at tourists getting in my way, according to this method of judgement, I've definately settled in.

We visited le tour, l'arc de triomphe, champs élysées (no more jumpers bought as yet) walked to the louvre through the most stereotypical Parisian Jardin which was so pretty in the sunshine, only to decide it was too sunny a day to stand and queue for the Louvre, so I took a photo instead. Then onto Pont neuf and Pont des arts, I just can't get enough of the bridges! Finally a sunny walk along the Seine before I had to catch the metro to start work. 

Today I had my first 'metro break down' experience. I wouldn't recommend it as one of the top 10 things to experience in Paris.

Curtain gate: still curtainless.
Yes I know I'm dressed for winter, the weather changed after I left this morning.


FONTAINE! word of the day, there's a lot.

People ruining my photos by going places

An arc, but not THE arc.

By the Louvre

Pont neuf and Pont des arts

No comments:

Post a Comment