Monday, September 23, 2013

Sun, pandas and salted caramel...

Paris was on top form for weather today! Absolutely glorious, I would gloat but apparently it's just as sunny in England. 
I was less a tour guide today and more of an annoying question asking friend. We went to Jardin des plantes- a garden of plants yes, but it also has a small zoo, a maze and a vineyard. So we spent 10 minutes looking for the maze only to find we were actually in it, and it just wasn't a very hard maze. I didn't go in the zoo but I did peer in from the outside and see what I was reliably informed was a 'Red Panda' it looked neither red or panda like to me. 

It would have been terrible rude not to have an ice cream in the park on such a gorgeous day, especially when salted caramel icecream was there for the buying. 

So I managed a week in Paris without injuring myself before slicing my hand open when cutting a baguette this evening, at least it was a slightly french injury!

After this slight drama I decided I'd take advantage of this really clear night to climb the Arc in the dark. The experience was made hugely better by the fact it rhymed. I remembered my passport this time so gained free entry! So once again, I climbed the 284 stairs to the top, to be greeted by an amazing view of Paris all lit up! I just missed the tower sparkling by 5 minutes but there's always next week!

I then took the double decker RER home (a double decker train will never not be exciting)!

The quest for curtains is ongoing...I might stop updating you on my curtain situation at some point, maybe tomorrow!

Jardin des plantes

Again

Centre of the maze, that we didn't know was a maze...

More 'plantes'

Salted caramel icecream, to die for.

Plantes

More plantes

Not a bad view from my bedroom window!

Arc in the dark


Not a bad view for a Monday evening

Jardin 

Vineyard

Champs- Élysées from the top of the arc.


No comments:

Post a Comment