Sunday, September 22, 2013

In quest of the hunchback...

So today began as most days do with me convincing myself to get up for a good half hour before finally getting up and eating as much breakfast as humanely possible to avoid having to buy lunch (stingy student even when in Paris).

Today was my second day of playing tour guide aka pretending I knew where I was going and adding in the odd historical fact for good measure.

So Montmartre was first on the list of places to visit, but it appeared to also be first on every other tourist to paris' list as it was heaving. After climbing the 'mont' and seeing the Sacré Coeur from the inside and out, we took the funicular railway back down. Montmartre is full of crèperies so it would have been practically criminal to have left without eating one, a crèpe that is, not a crèperie.

And then we continued our cultural day with a trip to Notre Dame, I didn't find the hunchback but I did take tonnes of photos of candles and stained glass windows, it's quite beautiful in there!

And finally a walk through the latin quarter resisting the urge to stop at every restaurant and order tea before a very uneventful metro ride to work, and here I am.

You may wonder what I actually do at work as I always seem to write my blogs from here but I promise you in between blog writing, checking facebook, texting, tweeting (tweeter is actually the french verb), eating, reading and photo editing, I do actually do some work, checking people in and the like, although at the moment it's very quiet so there isn't much to do! Hence, blog writing!

Curtains? still no. But I think the bedsheet is doing a better job as it also keeps out the wind, Pfft les rideaux, who needs them anyway!
The café used in Amélie in Montmartre, yes I got excited, no I have no shame.

Sacré Coeur

View from the Sacré Coeur

Tilt your head to the left- Notre Dame 

I'm a massive fan of candles

Kaliedoscope window

Notre Dame

I just love candles.

Notre Dame again

No comments:

Post a Comment