Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Would you like some crème anglaise with that?

Well a lot has happened in 3 days so fasten your seatbelts* you're in for a good one.

*if you're reading this in the car I applaud you, but safety first.

So on Monday the first day of the weekend for me, we headed to meet Nick for lunch. Now I had warned him about the Monday morning experience. For myself and Olivia this is the most exciting day of the week as while the rest of the world is dragging themselves back to work after the weekend we are hyped up for the up and coming 2 days of fun french based activities we have planned. So we went for a bit of a walk to work up an appetite before finding ourselves in a restaurant at Bastille. All was going well, we'd deciphered the menu, ordered and got our main courses. Then came dessert, we ordered, then like a scene from a black and white comedy movie, the waitress tripped and launched a pot of crème anglaise at Olivia. I don't think she could have been more apologetic or I could have laughed more. 

After this we meandered up the Champs-élysées and then back down again through the Christmas markets, they're very odd, very French. 
Now we made a bit of a mistake during our walk and decided to pop into M and S on the Champs élysées to see if they had any ready meal christmas dinners, we have to work Christmas day so ya know when in France...
However little did we realise just how much we missed certain British food and after getting slightly teary eyed over victoria sponge, mince pies and percy pigs we decided to leave, true year abroad problems right there.


Now don't judge, but we went to Disneyland again. And it was even more magic than normal because 'c'est déjà noël à Disneyland'
We had such a fun day despite having to wear gloves and coats on rollercoasters because it was so cold and the moment of devestation we had to overcome when Space Mountain was closed. 
Everytime we've been to Disneyland I've managed to find myself in an awkward situation with a member of the staff and why change the habit of a lifetime. I was merrily queuing for a ride looking the wrong way when I turned round and there was a Pirate in my face, naturally I screamed and accidently grabbed his hand, it was all a bit awkard from that point on I don't think I'll be going on that ride again in a hurry.

Today it was a really beautiful day so I took myself to Notre Dame to take some photos and visit another memorial. I visited the Memorial of those deported to Nazi concentration camps, it is set out to make you look and feel like you were in a concentration camp with narrow corridors and small windows through which you couldn't see the horizon. The inscriptions on the walls were of quotes relating to the deportation and the names of all the concentration camps. There is also a wall of tiny lights to represent those who left and never came back.

I have a month left here and so much more left to see and do. My blog has now had over 3000 views, when I started I didn't even think people would read it! So erm, thanks! 

Sad because it was a single decker RER

I heart Remy

Merry Christmas




Notre Dame




No comments:

Post a Comment