Thursday, November 21, 2013

When the going gets tough...

I think I've reached the most difficult part of my time away. I know this should be the point where I feel most settled and in a way I do. But in another way I feel in the middle; I've not just arrived and I'm not nearly going home yet, so I'm not still getting to know the city nor am I cramming in everything I want to see before I leave. I'm sort of just floating around in a kind of middle way. This is in no way a bad thing, and I'm not saying I'm not enjoying myself, I'm still perfectly happy loving being here and I'm still learning things everyday it's just I have to keep reminding myself the reasons I'm here and persuading myself to go out and seize every moment as, although it feels like it, I'm not here forever. 

I think, or I'd like to think, that everyone gets to a point, not just on a year abroad but anywhere where they find themselves in a routine, when they get fed up of said routine. I love the unpredictability of work, from odd men trying to persuade you that Bear Grylls has died to random backpackers with the greatest stories in the world, every day is completely different and I never get bored of meeting new people. However at times the monotony of having to repeat how to get to the airport, or explaining that we're not a hotel and we don't provide towels can test your limits. 

I think from now on I'm going to refer to this as the 'November feeling' I'm more or less in the middle of my time here, the weather is freezing and rainy and I'm missing Cadbury's chocolate and Yorkshire puddings (not together, now you're just being silly). 

But I still have so many things to look forward to; Disneyland, Germany, Visitors, Disneyland, Christmas, Disneyland, Disneyland. 

So chin up, onwards and upwards...

No comments:

Post a Comment