Sunday, November 24, 2013

C'est vraiment l'hiver!

This week has been a week of visitors. On Wednesday my honorary Auntie and Uncle came to Paris and I played tour guide for the day again. We had a lovely (if a very very cold) day exploring Paris via boat and metro and a lovely meal out for lunch!

Now just to mention the weather, because everyone else seems to be. So I know it's a British stereotype to obsess about the weather but little did I know that when winter struck this was going to be my main topic of conversation with work colleagues and customers alike. The entrance of customers is often met with outcries of 'bah il fait froid' and 'c'est vraiment l'hiver' and my personal favourite 'ça commence'. One could be fooled into thinking the apocalypse was coming to Paris. But to be fair, it is cold.

Friday saw the arrival in Paris of my number 1 blog fan Mandie. I know she's very excited to be mentioned in my blog so here goes...
We met up at the Louvre, after eventually finding each other in the maze that the Louvre is. We bypassed the art and went for a hot chocolate instead* then meandered to Pont des arts and then to Notre Dame. Once Mandie had established that Notre Dame Cathedral was indeed a 'religious place' we wandered round making the most of the warmth and the beautiful architecture. 


We then met up with another Ambassador/ French course friend whom I left in the company of Mandie for the evening, wishing him all the luck I was certain he needed.

Yesterday I wanted to show Nick the 'real Paris' little did I realise how much walking the above claim would demand. However, it made a nice change to be able to show someone the little bits of Paris that sometimes go unseen and the bits that I really love, the random streets and bits of the river that truly are Parisian.

Today I slept, not very exciting but extremely necessary. This week at work has been unbearably quiet. In an 8 hour shift I have spoken on average to about 3 people. I'd like to tell you all that I spent the time doing work or something useful, but that would be covering up for the fact that I spent the majority of my time reading BuzzFeed and clock-watching, but I have made a healthy dent into a great book and am spending some of the time blogging so all is not lost!

I shall also take this opportunity to mention the work playlist. Now, on said playlist there are around 30/35 songs, let's say each song lasts roughly 3 minutes that's around 90 minutes of playing time. I work 480 minutes per shift, so I hear each song on average 5 times per shift. I work 5 days a week. I think I have heard Micheal Jackson's 'Smooth Criminal' more times than he himself had, I can now recite the entire lyrics to Love Cats in my sleep and I'm contemplating renaming the Beatles' classic 'Love me don't'. 
Let's hope Christmas brings with it a new playlist. 

Still... 5 hours until the weekend!

*see previous blog 'I will never understand art'

Nostril Cam

Jumper Friends


No comments:

Post a Comment